Monday 12 March 2018

Review: The Thousandth Floor

The Thousandth Floor The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sweet baby cheesuz this was the most addictive trash I've read in a while!

Yes, it's trash. Total soap opera, overly dramatic trash. I don't even care. I loved it.

Are you familiar with Gossip Girl? This is basically GG set in the future and tripping balls. There's actually so many drugs . All weird, new, futuristic drugs, but just as messed up and illegal. Plenty of alcohol, too, but that's to be expected in a book about teenagers, I guess. These rich kids, man.

Also, so much drama.

We get viewpoints from Avery, Leda, Eris, Rylin and Watt, and these are some seriously messed up kids. They have so many issues that all entertwine with everyone else's drama and it's so ridiculously over the top and cliché but damn, I couldn't stop reading.

I had so much trouble with the main plot line, though: perfect Avery who seems to have everything but can't have the one thing she wants more than anything else. Spoiler alert: we find out pretty quickly that the one thing is her adopted brother. Like, I get that they're not related by blood but COME ON. YOU'RE STILL SIBLINGS. I could not ship this. Not even a little. Just way too wtf for me.

The rest of the drama, though, PHWOAAARRRR. Highly addictive. Scandals, affairs, drugs, sex, crime. So deliciously convoluted. There is almost no literary value in this book but it is certainly a guilty little pleasure of sordidness.

I'm not going to go into character thoughts right now but safe to say they are such a beautiful disaster.

Also, considering they're pretty much all students there's actually very little about the time they spend at school - it's all parties and social gatherings.

I shamelessly admit I loved this. I got addicted easily. Is the second one out yet? Because I NEED IT.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment