Thursday 28 September 2023

Review: Do Not Disturb

Do Not Disturb Do Not Disturb by Freida McFadden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another Audible win!

Apparently I enjoy thrillers more in audio format. I actually listen properly! How fun.

This one starts with a murder, and that's not even the focus of the plot! How cool is that! The story is about Quinn running after murdering her husband and ending up in this dingy motel that has a lot of secrets. Ooooh.

I really enjoyed the narration, and am impressed at how easily I told the characters apart. Nice work with the differentiation. The characters each have their own secrets and it's fun to guess at who is hiding what.

The pace is helped along by big revelations followed by changing viewpoints, which is equal parts frustrating and fun. The different perspectives round out the story really well and help to fill in the blanks slowly so that the tension stays tight throughout.

Some great twists, here, too, as well as great character development.

Really enjoyed this one! These last two audiobooks have given me greater respect for audiobooks in general so I'll definitely be dabbling more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment