Tuesday 14 November 2023

Review: Kill Your Husbands

Kill Your Husbands Kill Your Husbands by Jack Heath
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wasn't this a bundle of fun!

Three couples take a getaway to an isolated cabin in the bush. They decide to swap partners ofor a night - anonymously, in the dark - but one of them ends up dead.

This was a quick thriller that kept me hooked, though it did start a little slow for me. I didn't know this book connected to the main character from Kill Your Brother but, in hindsight, it IS right there in the title. I wasn't expecting so much about Elise and Kiara but I didn't mind. It bothered me more that Kiara's colleagues were so incompetent.

The kink factor was actually pretty low, and I enjoyed the contemplation of these couples and what would drive them to do such a thing. It kept me interested.

Some of the rest did seem a bit cliche, but at the same time this book leans into that a little and recognises its own stereotypes.

Most of the characters are horrible, yet there's still enough of them to feel some empathy when things go down.

Really enjoyed the tension and the switching tenses to keep it fresh. I read it over a couple days and it was great fun to pick up every time.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment