Friday 5 April 2024

Review: Rise of the Dragons

Rise of the Dragons Rise of the Dragons by Morgan Rice
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This was a Spotify (??) listen, because I was super curious about Spotify audio books so I picked a freebie that sounded good.

I listened to the whole thing in a day (while playing Minecraft - classic) and it was okay. Based on other reviews, it seems audio is the way to go, because the narrator brought life to a story that otherwise might have been a chore to get through.

The language is definitely inconsistent, but since I was listening, I wasn't too bothered. It was easy for me to zone in and out without missing much of the story.

I wasn't particularly invested in any of the characters, so this was more like a background read? Just a chill lil fantasy adventure to drone in my ears.

Still not sure what the deal was with the dragon, though, and I'm getting really over stories that sell themselves to me with the presence of dragons and then short change the dragons, giving me a bunch of human drama instead.

Nothing particularly memorable about this story at all, and I don't think I'd want to read a physical copy. But it was an easy, short-ish listen that was free, so I can't complain.

Not a fan of Spotify for audiobooks, though. Stay in your lane, mate.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment