Tuesday 28 May 2019

Challenge Review: The Final Empire

My #dymocks52challenge book 6/38, for week 20.

Title: The Final Empire
Series: Mistborn #1
Author: Brandon Sanderson
Published: 17/7/06
First appearance in 101: 2017 (#75)
Years in 101: 1
2019 101 ranking: -
Rating: 5 stars

Why I chose this book:
Okay, this was a bit of a sneaky add from me. This book has been sitting unloved on my shelf since 2015, so when I saw it on the 101 list for 2017, adding it to my challenge seemed like a good way to force myself to read it. 

Thoughts:
I'm actually mad at myself for taking so long to read this! It was so amazing! It's got everything an epic fantasy story should have, and you can bet I raced out to grab the sequel straight away.

You can read my full review on Goodreads here.

Verdict: Was it worthy?
ABSOLUTELY. I'm actually really disappointed with the voting population that this only made it onto ONE 101 list. It's an epic story, well-written with fantastic world-building, an interesting magic system and great, lovable characters. It's bound to endure as one of the better fantasies of the genre. More people need to vote for this one in future!

No comments:

Post a Comment