Tuesday 6 December 2022

Review: Shelter

Shelter Shelter by Harlan Coben
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another highly addictive read from Harlan Coben!

I enjoyed how this series jumped on from the end of the last one. Mickey is a fun kid and I like the more teenage side of things. The school drama from the perspective of a kid who doesn't take crap. FINALLY.

More than anything, I really enjoyed the fight talk. Clearly the author knows his stuff here, and I can clearly see these fights playing out. There's logic to go with the action, and Mickey is a good fighter but he's still not pulling any godly stunts. I appreciate that.

The mystery was quite fascinating and took me in a surprising direction. I loved how diverse the case was - it drew in so many random elements.

The characters are a lot of fun, too - a motley crew of outcasts, all solving crime under the shadow of Mickey's badass uncle.

An addictive read for sure, and one that held my interest through every page. Highly recommend for crime fans.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment