Friday 7 April 2023

Blogger Growing Pains

 If you're a regular follower of my blog (do I even have those?) then you'll know that the majority of the content is just book reviews copied over from Goodreads.

This is mostly because I'm lazy - I'm nothing if not honest - but I've also found Blogger becoming increasingly pointless as a hosting site. I don't get stats, so I don't actually know if anyone is reading my blog and, if they are, what actually interests them.

I love to talk books, and promote the ones that really get to me, but I get plenty of that satisfaction through Goodreads. I wanted to build my own platform but Blogger has made it too hard to manage any point of difference.

So mostly this is a post to complain (haha) and explain why my posting is so erratic. I'd like to create my own website eventually, but until time and money allows I've got to stick with this one.

So if you are someone who reads my words, please throw a like or comment my way some time, just so I know its not all for nothing.

And if you're really not a fan, come find me on Goodreads, and we'll talk there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment