The Decagon House Murders by Yukito AyatsujiMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Another fun Japanese mystery with plenty of strangeness to keep you guessing.
I enjoyed the setup here, with a bunch of friends off to stay on an island where a dead genius has left behind quite a mystery.
This was a great entry for the series, introducing a fun cast of characters and uniting two strangers who will set out to solve clues from the outside. Having recently finished book four in the series, The Clock House Murders (read after, but reviewed before, this one) I am glad that I read about their coming together first here.
The group on the island start to die off one by one in mysterious circumstances, and there are plenty of clues and red herrings to set you on your way. There is plenty to keep you pondering, and the pace keeps up.
I enjoyed trying (and failing) to solve the mystery, and the detectives were a lot of fun. Definitely a strong start to the series and one I'll be continuing as they're translated!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment