Saturday 4 August 2018

Review: Rise Sister Rise: A Guide to Unleashing the Wise, Wild Woman Within

Rise Sister Rise: A Guide to Unleashing the Wise, Wild Woman Within Rise Sister Rise: A Guide to Unleashing the Wise, Wild Woman Within by Rebecca Campbell
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

DNF @ 40%

This is where I gave up entirely:

'The more time you have spent in spirit form, the more difficulty you may find being in a human body. Many of us have incarnated on other planets where third-dimensional laws just don't exist. This is one reason why we may feel heavy,uncomfortable and trapped in our physical bodies, using food and other substances to keep ourselves grounded.'

Incarnated on other planets? Really???

I mean, I actually believe in reincarnation. I like the idea that our souls return to this world in different forms. But throw in interplanetary reincarnation and you've entirely lost me.

That was my problem with this whole book. I enjoy reading about ways to open the mind and connect with the soul, but this just took things way too far for me. It's also kind of negative?? It always starts with, 'we are all doing X terrible thing so instead we need to do this other good thing.' It comes across as very superior.

My expectation: Here are some ways that we as women can connect to our souls, which will connect us to one another and allow us to become more powerful beings.

What I got: I was living a pointless life until I had a profound spiritual awakening and now that gives me the right to tell you that everything you are doing is wrong. Here's a bunch of random abstract ideas you can worship to get you on the right path.

I'm done. I'm so done.

This one is for the hardcore hippies only. You want something decent about how to harness the powers of the feminine, go read Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment