Friday 2 November 2018

Review: Contest

Contest Contest by Matthew Reilly
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

**Re-read 11/18**

Yep, still love everything about this book.

Savage aliens ✔
Explosions ✔
Blood and gore ✔
Epic chase scenes ✔
Dumb people getting what they deserve ✔
Unpredictable fight scenes ✔
Creative deaths ✔
Reluctant hero ✔

It's so FAST and EXPLOSIVE and has so much FIERCENESS and I just ... *happy sigh*

Plus it's set in a library and honestly, what book lover doesn't love a library setting?

RIP though to all those books that got slimed, or bloodied, or shredded, or burnt ... etc. *moment of silence*

***

**21/10/18**

Re-reading this book ASAP. I need to remind myself of the reasons I still love it so much.

***

It's been a while since I've found a book that I find impossible to put down! I read Contest in two days, despite having to work. The pace was nice and fast, there was always something interesting happening and the characters were cleverly created. Highly addictive and straight to my favourites list!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment