Sunday 30 December 2018

Review: Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Bruh.

Clearly another book that is too clever for me.

Actually, it's probably more that I'm way too lazy to tease out all the symbolism.

I mean, the guy turns into a bug. Then instead of wondering how or why, he's stressing over how he's gonna get to work because he absolutely cannot lose his job.

Clever, oh so very clever.

I felt a lot of pity for this dude, not because he was suddenly a bug but because of how despairingly dull his work life seemed to be. So I guess that's some decent writing.

The way his family treated him, though ... I honestly can't be bothered to work out what exactly its trying to say about society.

I'm guessing it's not particularly uplifting, though. More of like a, 'life goes on' kind of message, I'm thinking.

Let's face it: this story is bizarre. It's completely random. This is the kind of book that English teachers will get a sick kick out of assigning. I feel sorry for anyone who has to read this against their will because it is, quite frankly, kind of a downer.

Not really my cup of tea, but the intellectuals will get a kick out of exploring all the meanings behind this ridiculous story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment