Monday 28 January 2019

Review: Rubdown

Rubdown Rubdown by Leigh Redhead
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I'm gonna make this brief.

This series is not for me.

It's so freaking kinky. Is 'erotic crime' a genre? Coz that's what this is.

Here's the essential formula:

Kinky stuff -> Drinking and Smoking -> Shower -> kinky stuff in order to get clues -> Drinking and Smoking -> Shower -> Kinky stuff -> REPEAT.

OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND SWEET JEEZUZ I AM OVER IT.

I actually really like the Melbourne setting but even that was a bit overdone - I'm pretty sure people who don't know Melbourne aren't gonna give a crap about all the location name drops. Also, I don't recall Melbourne ever being as seedy as it is in this book. My poor, honest city.

If you like the kinky stuff, ENJOY.

If you like crime, GOOD LUCK.

I have two more books to go in this damn series (won them, so I feel obliged to read them) but for now I'm gonna find some good clean fun to read about. Right after I take a shower.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment