Tuesday 28 December 2021

Review: Empire of the Vampire

Empire of the Vampire Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

SO FN GOOD.

PROS
-Violence
-Carnage
-Mayhem
-Fun, unpredictable characters
-Interesting adventures
-Lots of rep and real world issues disguised by violent vampire adventure horror story
-Dior
-Colourful insults
-No f**ks given
-Illustrations are INSANE
-Sneaky low-key LOTR references I SEE YOU

CONS
-Jumps back and forth between timelines so my precious brain got confused
-Some predictable moments/characters

Honestly this was just so much fun and it is SO GOOD to meet bloodthirsty vampires again <3 Thank you for ripping out people's throats and drinking their blood and doing horribly monstrous things.

LOVED IT.

Minus .5 of a star because I did get a little confused jumping back and forth and also because some of it I saw coming but these are minor complaints that will quite possibly vanish into a 5-star rating after further consideration of how this book made me feel (devilishly entertained).

BELIEVE THE HYPE.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment