Tuesday 26 July 2022

Review: Small Habits for a Big Life

Small Habits for a Big Life Small Habits for a Big Life by Rebecca Ray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

An excellent, simple guide to making lasting changes.

This is the kind of book I'll keep close and refer back to often. It's full of wisdom, motivation and practical ideas.

Some self-help books can come off preachy but this is absolutely not the case here. The author backs every statement with evidence and provides case studies, including some of her own experiences. This includes some of the negative habits we all experience, and it helps us to connect to the author and really value the lessons she's giving here.

The book is set out in a manner that makes it easy to read, and there's plenty of space to use it as a workbook. If you're serious about changing your habits, I recommend keeping pen and paper handy. I stopped a few times when the book requested something be pondered, and it was quite fascinating just to see real examples from my own life. I enjoyed setting some SMART goals based on my own values, and exploring who I'd consider to be my 'accountability person' and my 'encouragement person'. Some parts I wasn't quite ready to think on, so I'll go back to those later. This is absolutely the kind of book you can work through at your own pace - pick up sporadically, read through first and then go back and do the work, read certain parts when you're ready to face certain tasks, etc.

This is an encouraging book that I'd highly recommend to anyone looking to make lasting changes towards a more fulfilling life. It details the hurdles and how to overcome them, and provides evidence of these things in action. It gives you permission to do things at your own pace, and it allows for the simple fact that we are all human, and imperfect.

Loved it.

With thanks to Macmillan for a copy

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment