Tuesday 21 March 2023

Review: Super-Dimensional Love Gun

Super-Dimensional Love Gun Super-Dimensional Love Gun by Shintarō Kago
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is BEYOND MESSED UP and I don't know how to feel other than disgusted.

How do I even describe how disturbing this was?

Body horror, sexual depravity, mutilations and murder, twisted entities ... the whole collection was batsh*t insane.

Some of the stories were cleverly disturbing, like the one where a girl is obsessed with scratching herself.

Some were hilarious, like the monster-girl whose head pops off every time she orgasms.

Then some were just straight up nonsensical and bizarre, like the one with some god-slug thing sucking the life from buildings.

That's just a small example - honestly, I tried to burn most of these out of my brain immediately after reading.

There is a plethora of naked bodies in all kinds of messy detail; one story even focuses on (view spoiler) There is an abundance of rape and mutilation and everything seems to come with its own depraved sexual angle. There's one panel showing (view spoiler) which I'm still trying to wrap my head around.

And somehow there's still a dark, purposeful humour to it all.

This is next level Japanese horror. It goes to all kinds of extreme lengths to gross you out and succeeds almost too well. It's bizarre and twisted and will take you in unexpected directions that will more often than not make you want to scream/cry/puke.

I hated reading it, and it made me think longingly of getting into a hot shower fully clothed and sobbing til I had nothing left.

So like, mixed feelings I guess.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment