Sunday 9 April 2023

Review: Dead Connection: An Ellie Hatcher Novel

Dead Connection: An Ellie Hatcher Novel Dead Connection: An Ellie Hatcher Novel by Alafair Burke
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another crime novel that was surprisingly good!

Maybe taking some time off from crime was a really good call, because the last two crime novels I've read have been excellent.

This story follows a serial killer that's somehow connected to online dating. Rookie Ellie is partnered up with a quirky detective to bring the killer to justice.

I actually really appreciated how many threads there were to this story. It kept me guessing and this story did a great job of pointing the finger in all kinds of directions. I had no idea how this was all going to go down.

Ellie is a great lead character - she's not perfect but she's not a pariah, either. She's just trying to get the job done. This felt like a really good sample of who she is, and I can see this being a strong foundation for further character building as the series goes on.

The writing was fantastic - you never got a breath to figure things out for yourself because there was something new happening at every turn. Every time you think you might be on the right track, something else happens to put you on another track entirely. It was an addictive read because there's no place you can comfortably put it down without needing to know what comes next.

The story was multi-layered so I really enjoyed delving into this one. Another read that lingered on my shelf longer than it should have.

Highly recommend for crime lovers!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment