Thursday 6 April 2023

Review: Until You're Mine

Until You're Mine Until You're Mine by Samantha Hayes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Okay, you got me.

It took me like, five attempts to read this book. How did I end up so hooked?!

The premise: Claudia has a baby on the way, and is relieved to have new nanny Zoe there to help her out. Only, there's something ... strange ... about Zoe. Why is she snooping around Claudia's home, and why does she stare so longingly at Claudia's pregnant belly?

This is another book I bought years ago but never got around to. I do like a good thriller but this one being so baby-centric kinda put me off. I'm not really entertained reading all about motherhood, so I wasn't quite sure how much I was going to enjoy this.

I think it shows the strength of this book, though, to admit I was extra-critical while reading and yet still found myself hooked and almost unable to stop from about the halfway mark. I was still a little uninterested in the detective's home life but the secret tension between Claudia and Zoe had me hooked. I knew everything wasn't what it seemed, but I didn't see the big hits coming at all.

This really took me by surprise. The twists were unpredictable and I was so satisfied at being completely oblivious to the truth of things. The final confrontation was fantastic, and this was one of those rare books that had an ending that lived up to the suspense of the book.

This is a truly excellent thriller. Once again, I put a book off for longer than it deserved.

Highly recommend for lovers of crime and thrillers, even if you're not into the motherhood side of things. This was a fantastic, addictive read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment