Tuesday 16 May 2023

Review: Dark Knights of Steel, Vol. 1

Dark Knights of Steel, Vol. 1 Dark Knights of Steel, Vol. 1 by Tom Taylor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

SO GOOD.

This was so much fun. DC goes medieval, and Kal-El is a prince. Batman is a bastard son and Wonder Woman hails from Amazonia. I AM HERE FOR IT.

This series is notoriously slow to release, so it's going to be a painful wait til Vol 2. This one was pretty epic, with some great twists and moments that left me gaping. I loved seeing all the familiar heroes turning up in unexpected ways and the medieval setting really worked for my fantasy-loving heart. The artwork is fantastic and the artwork on the actual hardcover is stunning.

Could not find a fault in this, and I'm happy to have found a series that rivals DCeased for me. This one would be a great entry for fantasy lovers looking to branch into comics and graphic novels.

Really loved it, so I'll be waiting impatiently for the next volume!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment