Saturday 16 January 2021

Review: The Happiest Man on Earth

The Happiest Man on Earth The Happiest Man on Earth by Eddie Jaku
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OH MY GOD.

I am SO GLAD I read this book.

There's a story here - a fascinating survivor's tale - but most of all there is hope, and love, and above all, kindness.

This is the story of a man who suffered through great tragedy and hardship, who spent years fighting one day at a time just to LIVE, and who came through it all with an unbreakable spirit.

It's absolutely inspiring.

I hate war stories, because it pains me so deeply to read about people suffering, but there is so much inextinguishable light in Eddie's story that I just couldn't stop reading. No matter all of the horrible things he endured, he was able to appreciate the precious moments and use those to find the will to go on.

What an incredible man.

This story is filled with heart and light and HOPE and the message that kindness is one of the most valuable things we all have to give, and it costs us nothing but rather doubles our stores when we give it.

The story is a quick read, though incredibly emotional. Things are told quite simply, but that doesn't affect the feeling of the story - you will easily become immersed in Eddie's story and I don't think anyone could possibly read this and not be moved by it.

I hope many people read Eddie's story and take away that message of the value of kindness and the importance of hope. Especially in these troubling times when so many people are driven by fear, hatred and greed.

What a beautiful soul. Thank you for sharing your hope.

With many thanks to Macmillan for sending me a copy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment