Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Review: Winterset Hollow

Winterset Hollow Winterset Hollow by Jonathan Edward Durham
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Narrated by Alex Wyndham
Presented by Hodder & Stoughton Audio


Just as good second time around, and the audio was fantastic!!

I really love this book, and it was so much fun revisiting it in audio format.

Yes, I love the homicidal animals, but there's also a lot of depth to the story with important themes penetrating deeper than the surface horror.

My original thoughts can be found HERE so this will just be a review for the audio version and my thoughts on a second reading.

I love that this is a story of belonging, and of connections. Friendship is big, and I liked being able to appreciate these things even more on a second read. Yes, it's a horror story, but it's not horror for horror's sake.

I was surprised by the choice of narrator at first, but it perfectly suited the story and I found it to be an entertaining performance that sucked me right in. No distractions while listening to this one - I wanted to catch every single word. The characters were well defined by voice, and there was just the right amount of urgency and drama as it was needed.

This really cemented my love for this story, and I can't recommend it highly enough. It's the perfect blend of cute fairytail and slasher horror.

Horror fans should get a kick out of this truly original offering.

With thanks to NetGalley for an audio ARC

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment