Friday, 9 October 2026

Review: Monstera

Monstera Monstera by Delilah S. Dawson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Narrated by Laura English
Presented by Tantor Media


Not quite the horror story I was expecting - mostly two lonely girls with secrets pasts getting to know each other.

I was hoping for some creeping vines, plants taking over, some kind of eerie botanical horror, but this really is more about the budding romance between Lucy and Saskia. I didn't mind it, but it wasn't what I came for.

There's some 'horror' in the sleazy landlord and his behaviour, but it's so commonplace for women to experience this that it wasn't horrific so much as a sad fact of womanhood. Beyond that, there's a seed here and there but not much more.

I did enjoy the conclusion, but there wasn't enough substance to the rest of the story to leave me feeling satisfied. I think fans of F/F romance might enjoy this slightly creepier contemporary love story, but horror fans might be disappointed.

With thanks to NetGalley for an audio ARC

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment