Saturday 16 June 2018

Review: Waiting for Godot

Waiting for Godot Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Ima be straight up - this soared waaaaay over my head.

It's a bunch of nonsense.

I like that it's two guys sitting around talking nonsense and all the possible hidden meanings it suggests, but I honestly don't get it. I understand that it's really, really clever, but I cannot fathom why .

So I'm a bit torn about how to rate it. I found it intriguing to read, and even though nothing was happening and it was all totally bizarre I was really curious about it all. I have so many questions.

Seems like a pretty cute friendship between Gogo and Didi, though. Pozzo was weird, not sure what his deal was. And Lucky the slave ... I honestly wasn't sure if I was supposed to be outraged by slavery or laugh at the absurdity of his dependence on Pozzo.

Seriously, this play is a mess. I need someone who is far more intelligent than me to explain it all. Then maybe I'll appreciate it more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment