Monday 7 June 2021

Review: The Perfect Family

The Perfect Family The Perfect Family by Robyn Harding
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was super addictive and fast-paced but ultimately a little light on with the drama.

The story is about a family who seem perfect on the outside but who are all hiding secrets from one another.

As far as those secrets go, they were pretty bland. Nothing particularly new and original, so nothing particularly captivating. I was curious about them, but they all came out pretty fast so there wasn't a lot of tension in that respect.

I enjoyed how the pranking on the family started small and slowly started to escalate, but it never quite got as intense as I hoped for. It was also a bit bizarre that those responsible were called out early on but it was still somehow drawn out into a mystery? It felt a bit messy to me. I wanted this story to go so much further than it did.

The story was written well enough to draw me in and keep me reading addictively, but there just wasn't quite enough substance to leave me satisfied. A decent read, but not quite as clever as I had hoped for.

With thanks to NetGalley for an ARC.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment