Friday 22 October 2021

Review: Flip-Flops and Murder

Flip-Flops and Murder Flip-Flops and Murder by H.Y. Hanna
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My first experience with cosy mystery wasn't a total flop! :D

The story follows Ellie as she travels from her home in London to a fancy resort in Florida for a holiday she's been invited on by her aunt. Only, her aunt is nowhere to be found and then a dead body turns up. What a holiday!

I listened to this on audible, and it allowed me to follow the story without being so hyper-focused on all the clues that I was solving as I went. I enjoyed kind of just relaxing back into the chill vibe of the story. The narrator had this perfect 'sweet lil old lady' vibe going that suited the story perfectly. *chef's kiss*

Ellie is so friggin wholesome but at the same time she really does stick her nose into everything! Like, one minute she's becoming BFFs with EVERYONE SHE SPEAKS TO, but then the body turns up and she spends the rest of the book running around accusing everyone of nefarious deeds to their faces XD I found it hilarious actually. How these people still liked her is the real mystery here.

There's also a parrot, and a cat, so if you're into mischievous animals you'll appreciate them.

I was never hugely invested in the characters or the story, but all the same it was just really easy listening. I think I'd have been bored if I'd read it, but listening made it a lot easier to enjoy.

Doubtful I'll continue the series, but I did enjoy my first taste of cosy mystery.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment