Tuesday 12 October 2021

Review: The One Impossible Labyrinth

The One Impossible Labyrinth The One Impossible Labyrinth by Matthew Reilly
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh man. It's really over.

What a fkn EPIC finale!

Loved every second.

***

Happy Release Day!

Finally I can share my thoughts!

Honestly, this is exactly the book I wanted and then MORE. I don't think any fan that has come this far could possibly be disappointed.

Heart-stopping moments. Tense battles. Epic puzzles. Dramatic deaths. All brought together by that insane, way-over-the-top action that we know and love as the signature of Matthew Reilly.

All of our favourites are here, battling it out once again to save humanity.

But even with the fast pace of the story, the themes of the entire series still make themselves known, and through Jack and his team we once again pause to appreciate the importance of family, friends, and loved ones in all forms. Love, loyalty, honour ... it's all here, and that's the heart of this series. That's certainly the hook I was reeled in on.

That being said, don't think the action stops for even a second!

I felt this to be an incredibly satisfying conclusion to a series I've loved from start to finish. It delivered exactly the kick I hoped for, and it tied everything up so neatly which I feel was the ending the series deserved.

Many thanks to Macmillan for an early copy

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment