Friday 28 July 2023

Review: Abaddon's Gate

Abaddon's Gate Abaddon's Gate by James S.A. Corey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another fantastically addictive book in the series!

I never have any idea where these books are going, and things got pretty wild here. I love being able to just sit back and let everything happen with absolutely zero predictions.

Here we're met with yet another evolution of the protomolecule, and the stakes are getting higher. Holden and his crew naturally find themselves in the centre of things, but there's a larger involvement from some new players, too. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about all these new people, but they inevitably grew on me.

I really enjoy the unpredictability of this series, and how it's so character driven but keeps the story moving at quite a fun pace. There's plenty of action, and a lot of scenes that left me absolutely gobsmacked.

The addiction is real, and its the kind of book that I avoided picking back up unless I had a decent chunk of time to read it because it was so hard to put down.

Perhaps a little slow getting to know all the new people at the start, but that's about my only complaint. Keen to get to the next one soon!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment