Friday 28 July 2023

Review: My Last Empress

My Last Empress My Last Empress by Da Chen
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

There's no denying the author can write lyrical prose, but the content is awful.

I'd talk about the plot, but it doesn't involve much more than a pathetic white man with a Lolita complex.

Obviously, I hated him. He's a loathsome protagonist who sees himself doing no wrong because he's led by the ghost of a lost love. He sinks into depravity very quickly and it's nauseating reading his justifications.

Honestly, he's just a terrible human being which made this story awful to read. There's an obsession with sex and fetishising any young female that appears, and there's zero talk of his lack of morality. Any other plot was easily overshadowed by his single-minded focus on getting his rocks off.

This book is a major ICK and will leave you desperate for a hot, cleansing shower.

Not for me, friends.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment