Saturday 29 August 2020

Review: The One Plus One

The One Plus One The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am giving a lot of three star ratings in 2015!

This was a decent read, eventually caught my attention, but was slightly underwhelming compared to previous titles by the same author.

I enjoyed the atypical family unit and how they interacted, but there was just something about how it all came together that felt a bit predictable and failed to connect. The relationship between Jess and Ed had me cringing more than anything and on several occasions I had to put the book down before my eyes rolled out of my head.

I loved the kids, but take them out of the equation and this is a sub-par offering. I can't quite put my finger on why I didn't enjoy this more; I suppose it just seemed a bit washed out and unimaginative. Shame, because I was quite looking forward to being absorbed. Fingers crossed the next offering is a little stronger.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment