Wednesday 5 October 2022

Review: House of M

House of M House of M by Brian Michael Bendis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I mean ...

It's a very thrilling story. It brings together some of the greatest heroes (seriously, Wolverine is in fkn everything these days, I swear) and brings with it great moral debates and epic action sequences. It's pretty decent.

I have to admit, though - it was really hard for me to make sense of it at times.

There are some really beautiful double page spreads, but unless you smoosh the comic flat it's hard to make out the artwork in its full glory, and it means there is inconsistency to the way the pages are read, which gets more confusing as the story progresses. Do I read across the whole page or one page at a time? Sequentially, it was a bit of a mess.

That said, I did really enjoy the vibrancy of the artwork, even if I had almost no idea what was going on in the action sequences.

I think Wandavision is a big factor as to why this comic is so hot right now, but it didn't quite live up to the hype for me. The story is there and I'll likely continue because I'm really enjoying the twists, but didn't quite suck me in like I wanted it to.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment