Friday 3 March 2023

Review: The Pallbearers Club

The Pallbearers Club The Pallbearers Club by Paul Tremblay
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Time of Death: 137 pages. DNF @ 49%

What a dull offering from Mr Tremblay!

There's no horror here, just a character study that amounts to one whiny, self-absorbed dude ranting endlessly and one snarky, manic pixie dream girl commenting throughout. Also something about vampires?

Very disappointed. I thought of pushing through to the end but this was a group read where many people said I needn't bother and I'm more than happy to take that advice. I've got better things to spend my reading time on.

I think a huge part of me not liking this story is because it's just Art going on in these long sentences in long paragraphs and by the end of the sentence I've lost what it was he was trying to say. I read almost half of this book and I still couldn't tell you what happened? I skimmed some and even read the last few pages and all of it was so POINTLESS.

I don't really know what more to say. It was pointless, I didn't like either of the main characters, and I'm far too lazy to try and read into all the clever allusions and innuendos and metaphors etc. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT.

Done and done. I'm out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment