Tuesday 11 June 2024

Review: NecroTek

NecroTek NecroTek by Jonathan Maberry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Narrated by Ray Porter
Presented by Blackstone Publishing


BADASS.

My first ever audio 5-stars. Loved it from start to finish!

Wasn't sure how I'd go listening to this one, but it hooked me almost immediately and just refused to let go.

This does a decent character dive while dealing with the fallout of a catastrophic space incident. There are multiple layers to the story told through multiple parts and it progresses rapidly. The action is phenomenal and the moral implications and considerations added an extra depth.

I loved the characters - Bianca particularly stands out as a hero and I loved listening to her and her Lost Souls in action. Soren was quietly sympathetic, and even Lady Death played an intriguing part.

The story progression was well done, with time taken to do things well but not necessarily getting bogged down in detail. I was swept up easily and was always eager to get back to the story.

Narration was fantastic. He went above and beyond with the alien speech and conveyed some truly horrific moments with perfection. I had chills and thrills and even jumped a little at times. Brilliantly done.

I enjoyed this one so thoroughly that I'll be looking to buy a physical copy as soon as it releases. I feel like this would just get better with a second read, so I'm already looking forward to it.

Highly recommend for fans of science fiction.

With thanks to NetGalley for an audio ARC

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment