Sunday 17 December 2017

Review: The Art of War

The Art of War The Art of War by Sun Tzu
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Errrrr ... so I guess this was just a lot more literal than I was expecting? I mean, there was the occasional nugget of metaphorical wisdom, but there's also a lot about where to pitch your army and how and when to attack etc.

I'm not gonna lie - I was kind of hoping for some brilliantly veiled allusions as to how to triumph in day-to-day conflict. But it's actually warcraft. Literally. I hate that word because it's misused so often but it's the most appropriate word to describe this book. Since I'm not running off to war at the head of an army any time soon, there was a lot here that just didn't do anything for me.

I'm throwing it a bonus star, though, because if you are genuinely into physical warcraft this is actually a pretty detailed guide.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment