Friday 1 December 2017

Review: Crooked Kingdom

Crooked Kingdom Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So this was just as epic as the first book, and I'm kinda still reeling from all the twists and turns!

Kaz is back with his motley crew but all we really care about is getting Inej back. Also teaching that scoundrel Van Eck a lesson. God I hate that guy.

Man I was so friggin gung-ho for violence in this one. I felt so much rage and honestly a little part of me just wanted the gang to go on a rampage and trample everyone into a bloody pulp. Thankfully, Kaz is a bit more practical than me so he comes up with a much better plan.

I do so love the scheming! Also that it's all scheming in the name of vengeance. Like, being badass for money was cool in the first book but now they're righteous avenging angels of mayhem and it just amps up the badass factor by like a thousand percent.

Nina's got a little magical weirdness going on which is kind of intriguing, plus there's that cheeky romance with Matty whom I love so much myself so that was all great fun to read.

Wylan's stepping (gingerly) into his Big Boy shoes so he held my interest a lot more this time around. He just had a bit more to contribute, and this time he's bringing a bit more shine to Jesper's brooding so again, they make a pretty pair.

Lil Inej is solid frontrunner for my fave. The girl has guts and is such a beautiful weapon. But she's spiritual and forgiving and soft and kind and I love that balance. I ship her and Kaz so much. (view spoiler)

The story was so twisted, which is part of why I loved it (and its predecessor) so much. You really have no idea how much is going wrong and how much is going completely as planned. These kids are absolute geniuses, that's for sure.

The bad guys were DOUCHEBAGS so I enjoyed every single time they were hoodwinked, and I was glad Kaz was so intent of revenge because, as mentioned, I sort of wanted to murder them myself. (view spoiler)

Honestly, this book made me feel a full range of emotions. I loved every second of it.

Well, okay, maybe not every second ...

(view spoiler)

Leigh Bardugo is honestly brilliant. I henceforth will endeavour to read everything penned by her and her genius imagination and talent.

Is there a third book yet? Can I have it please?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment