Monday 30 July 2018

Review: The Saga of Gunnlaug Serpent-tongue

The Saga of Gunnlaug Serpent-tongue The Saga of Gunnlaug Serpent-tongue by Anonymous
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had misgivings to start with because there's a whole bunch of hard-to-pronounce names (unless you're from that geographical region, I imagine) and sons- and fathers-of which is pretty hard to keep track of. But once our G starts out on his overseas adventure, it's actually a fun tale.

At first, I wasn't a huge fan of the guy. He seems a bit arrogant, but at the same time I liked that he was unafraid to go after what he wanted. I'm not entirely sure why he pissed off the first king but then was friendly with the ones who came after? But I liked that he made friends - it makes him more likable because suddenly other people like him, too.

So basically if you can figure out (or happily ignore) all the names except for the handful of important ones, this is a fun little adventure story. Kinda strange, and full of random, short poems, but I liked it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment