Sunday 16 September 2018

Review: The Man in the Iron Mask

The Man in the Iron Mask The Man in the Iron Mask by Alexandre Dumas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My insignificant words can hardly do justice to my love for this book, so I'll keep it short.

You can read my original review here.

If you are curious about this book because you're familiar with the title, or saw the (terrible) movie, or have read The Three Musketeers and can't be bothered with everything that comes in between, please don't bother with this book. You've hardly earned it, and as such it'll ring hollow for you.

If, however, you have loyally followed our musketeer friends over their 40 years of adventures; if you can comprehend the significance of Athos showing weakness, of Aramis's tears, of the words 'too heavy' ... read, and do justice to our friends by allowing their stories to conclude.

This is the book where four inseparable, energetic men find that time and politics have finally caught up with them. It's absolutely gut-wrenching at times to see how their stories have been influenced.

This book will live forever in my heart, as will its heroes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment