Friday 7 September 2018

Unrequited



Unrequited

Fear, love, pain and lust
We’d forget them all
For a moment’s trust
Your opinion of me
So high in my eye
A lie lingers there
I just pass you by
So skewed from my view
Barely noticed by yours

Overlooked, overworked
Trying to be heard
To be seen
To be feared, felt
Loved

Faith, doubt, hope and heart
So fragile and dependent
On another’s part
Your eyes never see
A slip of the lip
The quick cover up
With unwearied wit
I won’t be ashamed
Of my pathetic rogue heart

Overlooked, overworked
Sometimes it hurts
To feel doubt
To feel faith, hope
Loved

Devotion and shame
So easily unnoticed
Through my own pain
Of feeling unloved
He’s forward; I’m awkward
Towards his advance
As an afterward
I apologise
Unloving, and unloved


No comments:

Post a Comment