Tuesday 11 September 2018

Review: The Small Hand

The Small Hand The Small Hand by Susan Hill
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Creepy, but average.

I mean, if I stop and think about that little hand ... *shudder* There's just something special about evil kids, even if they are ghost kids.

But there was a relative lack of creepy occurrences, and the chill factor was slightly underwhelming. I'd probably appreciate this story more as an episode of Supernatural. Get some sass into this ghost story.

It's got some lovely descriptions but it never really builds a haunting atmosphere because he's always moving. TBH I was probably more interested in his work as an antiquarian book dealer. I loved the stuff at the monastery.

It was a good, short little ghost story but nothing particularly special.

That being said, I won't be holding hands with kids any time soon ...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment