Saturday 2 February 2019

Review: Raelia

Raelia Raelia by Lynette Noni
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

**Re-read Jan/Feb 19**

MY HEART.

This is definitely the book that hooked me firmly on the series.

The escapades.

The characters.

THE DRAMA.


And yet still so much sass.

Where's those handy check marks ...

✓Alex is getting better at fighting
✓Meeting new friends: HELLO Roka and Kyia and Zain and oh hey a cameo from that one guy that we're all definitely falling in love with very soon
✓Spending more time with old friends ie I TOTALLY SHIP ALEX AND KAIDEN THEY ARE ADORABLE
✓More super powers hooray!
✓Teachers trying to kill students; how very relatable
✓The whole SAS trip was SO MUCH FUN
✓Alex is so snarky when she lacks sleep which I love, but she's also just naturally a sass queen which means I love her even though everyone else loves her and I'm not usually one to follow trends
✓Lots of fighting, I LOVE FIGHT CLUB and mostly just Declan enjoying beating the snot out of Alex and Alex taking it like a champ
✓BUT NOT FOR LONG, BUCKO!

This concludes my nonsensical babbling inspired by my love of this series which is only growing stronger with re-reads. For sense, please read my original review, below.

**Original Review**

SO GOOD.

This series is so much better than I expected! The first one was quite obviously Harry Potter-inspired but with this second novel the story has certainly taken on its own life, making it quite an exciting read.

There's still way too many good looking people but these characters are so easy to fall for because of the dynamics they bring to the story. I love the friendships and particularly the teamwork, which gives our heroine a great support network instead of the 'only I can do this' complex so many teen fantasy heroes end up with.

I love the variety of the classes and the little details that flesh out the world as a place of magic. There's still a few predictable elements and typical scenarios but surprisingly this didn't bother me in the slightest as I truly enjoyed reading through these moments. As with the first novel, there's a few explanations that you can't really think too much about (such as Alex's extremely unconcerned parents) but if you let go of the details and relax into the story you'll find yourself enjoying the ride.

Absolutely loved it! Can't wait to get my hands on the next one!

Review for Akarnae here

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment