Monday 18 February 2019

Review: Vardaesia

Vardaesia Vardaesia by Lynette Noni
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'M DONE.

It's all over, and my heart is breaking.

I don't know what comes next in my life, now.

...

I mean, other than, like, a billion re-reads.



To be honest, I'm not sure I'm going to write a review for this one.

I don't know if I can.

I went into this knowing nothing but the same cliffhanger we all got with Graevale, and I want that experience to be the same for everyone else who reads this book.

I think if you've come this far, you've earned it.

So I'm not going to say anything about the plot. Or the characters. Or the moments I loved or loathed.

I will say that I loved this book.

I will say it was just as emotional as I expected it to be.

There were highs; there were lows.

I had to pause often because things were getting so intense.

This is a worthy conclusion to an absolutely incredible story, and it has firmly taken up residence in my heart. The world of Medora is so rich and thriving with colour and magic and so many incredible characters that I'm certain we'll have the chance to return there one day.

For now, though, I'm sad to say goodbye, but I'm so grateful for this book, and how everything played out. It felt ... right.

And I have so much love for these characters that even though I don't want to leave them, I think they have earned their rest.

***

Review for Akarnae (4★s) HERE
Review for Raelia (5★s) HERE
Review for Draekora (5★s) HERE
Review for Graevale (5★s) HERE
Review for We Three Heroes (4★s) HERE


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment