Tuesday 29 October 2019

Review: From Here On, Monsters

From Here On, Monsters From Here On, Monsters by Elizabeth Bryer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What the frickafrack did I just read??

How did I enjoy it so much when I'm so confused? What even happened? Are any of these people even real? WHAT ABOUT THE MONSTERS???

This book is clearly too clever for me.

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Like,

Where is Felix? Is he okay?

What was the deal with the mirrorpartment?

Was that the end of the codex?

How the heck does SINBAD come into it??

All these questions and MORE. Can someone please read this and tell me all the answers? Thank you.

Is this what they call 'magical realism'? Or just 'batsh*t insane?

Let me be clear though. I actually really enjoyed it. Who'd'a thought it.


I'ma go ahead and recommend all the people looking for something unusual; something the likes of which they've never read. And it's Australian, yay. :)

But seriously, if anyone can explain to me what the heck just happened I'd really, really appreciate it.

Many thanks to Macmillan for a copy to read and review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment