Saturday 16 November 2019

Review: Jurassic Park

Jurassic Park Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Is it wrong for me to so thoroughly enjoy people being eaten by dinosaurs? I mean, this book had a lot going for it, but that's the main highlight, and it's SO SATISFYING. My face was doing all kinds of weird things while I read.

I'm sure most people reading this will have seen the movie. I found that it really helped me to picture the dinosaurs (and surrounds) and that made it that fraction more terrifying because when you can really visualise what's happening it's much more horrible. I think, though, as in most cases, the book is better here, because there's so much more discussion about the lives of these animals, and the implications of bringing them to life. I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed Malcolm's rambling. He makes some valid points, that dude.

As for Lex ... *sigh* Little, bratty Lex. What can I say? I kind of wished she'd been T-Rex chow. Ah well. You win some, you lose some. *shrugs* Timmy, on the other hand, is a true hero-in-the-making. Grant and Ellie were pretty cool, but nothing special in the hero department. The dinosaurs were the real heroes of this story, and I was totally okay with that.

Overall, it was just such a fantastically thrilling read, with some surprising 'think deep' moments. Psyched to get my hands on the sequel!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment