Saturday 23 November 2019

Review: A Little Bit of Shamanism: An Introduction to Shamanic Journeying

A Little Bit of Shamanism: An Introduction to Shamanic Journeying A Little Bit of Shamanism: An Introduction to Shamanic Journeying by Ana Campos
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

LOVE THIS.

My favourite thing about this book is that it takes a spiritual concept and grounds it with science and psychology. It's about the power of the mind, and the power of the earth, but there are real truths ingrained for people not willing to believe wholeheartedly in a concept that might be purely based on ideas.

I've of course heard of Shamanism, and understand it's linked to specific cultures and related to earth and ancestors, but this gave me a much stronger understanding of how it works. Spoiler alert: you don't have to take mind-altering substances to partake in a Shamanic ceremony (though it may help, I suppose). I really enjoyed learning about the basic concepts, and it just makes so much sense to me. It's a kind of meditation that sees you appreciating the earth and those who have walked it before us, and respecting the earth and leaving it better for those who will walk it after us.

It's written sensibly and honestly, and it doesn't rely on you believing blindly. It's logical. It's rooted in honour.

A fascinating read, and just the beginning of my knowledge quest on this particular subject. I loved it so much I'll be looking further into this topic.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment