Wednesday 5 October 2022

Review: Lethal Protector

Lethal Protector Lethal Protector by David Michelinie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Slowed down a bit with this one but only because I got distracted by other comics.

I actually really like how this collection shows Venom's transition from one of Spidey's most formidable enemies to a semi-partner. First, they're teaming up to take down psychopath Carnage, but then we get to see Venom calling more shots and doing his own thing.

The old school artwork is losing a bit of novelty for me, but I do really love the way the symbiotes were illustrated. I think part of the reason I love Venom is because of how he's drawn! Plus he's adaptable and constantly wanting to eat people so that's a unique sort of charm to me.

The stories contained are again well chosen, and the Lethal Protector collection at the end really highlights Venom coming into his own. Plus, the team up with Ghost Rider at the start was ridiculous fun.

I'd love to get into all the newer Venom stuff coming out but I feel like I still have so much catching up to do! So it'll probably be the next Epic collection from here for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment