Monday 15 January 2024

Review: The Nice House on the Lake, Vol. 2

The Nice House on the Lake, Vol. 2 The Nice House on the Lake, Vol. 2 by James Tynion IV
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Holy damn this was HECTIC.

I am blown away and feeling many emotions.

This whole story has been such a wild ride, and this conclusion teasing a follow-up that has yet to be announced is absolutely BRUTAL.

It's an apocalyptic tale focused on the complexities of human relationships and it is absolutely phenomenal. Probably one of the best graphic novels I've read this year.

I loved how much this sucked me in, and I'm desperate to know more about these people and this world and just WALTER and why he is WALTER.

Artwork is fantastic, too, and suits the story so well. At times people were a little hard to make out but I think that's because I was skimming the art a little because the story was so addictive.

Incredible on all fronts, and an easy recommendation for anyone keen for a unique horror story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment