Monday 26 February 2024

Review: Nemesis Games

Nemesis Games Nemesis Games by James S.A. Corey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wowww what an exciting, tense read! Had a great time getting to know these characters a little better, but it was not fun going through everything with them.

This one diverts a little from Protomolecule drama, and instead we're seeing our four heroes doing things a little more personal. It may seem like a slower pace at first for some, but I enjoyed learning more about these characters and what drives them. I've not yet read any of the associated short stories so I've got a burning curiosity about all their pasts and this helped soothe that a little.

Naturally, things go awry and get a little tricky for everyone. I'm always blown away by the scale of how badly things go for this little team, and this installment in the series was no exception. Very dramatic happenings, and each various storyline was equally brutal.

That being said, I felt a lot for Naomi this time around. Amos had some sh*t to deal with but he's tough - he can take care of himself. Naomi is a badass but she was put through the ringer and I was so invested in everything that was happening to her. This book gave me so much more respect for her character.

I LOVED the reappearance of Bobbie, and I'm hoping she'll stick around for a while, now.

Overall, it was more character-driven this time around but the stakes were about the same, making for a tense, more personal kind of thriller. I really enjoyed it.

On to the next one!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment