Thursday 22 February 2018

Review: The I Quit Sugar Cookbook: 306 Recipes for a Clean, Healthy Life

The I Quit Sugar Cookbook: 306 Recipes for a Clean, Healthy Life The I Quit Sugar Cookbook: 306 Recipes for a Clean, Healthy Life by Sarah Wilson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Disclaimer: I am a terrible cook.

I hate cooking. I am rubbish with even just the most basic ingredients. I make a stir fry using jar sauce and I often eat toast for a main meal. But I want to get better, because I know learning to cook better is going to allow me to eat healthier.

That being said, this book pretty much lost me straight away with the whole, 'don't waste anything' bit. It's hard enough trying to use the actual main product without stressing about how to utilise the bits and pieces I never even realised were edible.

I mean, I get that sugar is a Big Bad in the health industry, and I like the idea of cooking delicious things that are actually nutritionally beneficial. But I bought this book AGESSSSS ago and I still don't think I've used a single recipe from it.

I think if you are actually a decent cook interested in more nutritionally sound meals, this will be a great tool, but this is like, advanced cooking.

It does come with a sh*t-ton of recipes and info, though, so I guess it's good value for money?

Also, I don't like how preachy she is. But maybe that's just me being bitter because she can cook and I can't.

Maybe one day I'll cook something from this book and rave about it so much that I have to bump up my rating, but let me try and master sauce first or something.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment