Thursday 16 July 2020

Review: Find Your Light

Find Your Light Find Your Light by Belinda Davidson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This wonderful book by Aussie intuitive, Belinda Davidson, is divided into two parts:

Part One: From Dark to Light
This is an account of the author's journey- from a child who saw ghosts on a frighteningly regular basis, to medical intuitive, to international speaker and spiritual mentor. It talks about her gifts, and how she struggled to understand them, and use them for good.

Part Two: Change Your Chakras, Change Your Life
The practical, self-help module of the book explores the chakras, and their influence over all aspects of our lives.

Part One
I loved reading her story. It's really fascinating! It's definitely pretty out there, so sceptics might have a hard time with it, but I was completely absorbed. I love how she had some really frightening experiences with her abilities, and that it wasn't all sunshine, rainbows, and predicting the future. There's real substance to her story and I loved reading it.

Part Two
I'm starting to get pretty familiar with each chakra and what they represent, so some of the info here was a little repetitive for me, but it's a really good breakdown for those who are just starting to understand the energy centres of the body. It gives an overview of what the chakras are and how they work, then explains the seven body chakras in detail, including a self-test for each chakra to help you understand which of your own chakras might need a little love. It also provides case studies that give examples of how blocked energy can manifest in different lives. Finally, it provides a chakra cleansing meditation for you to do regularly to clear your own chakras. It concludes with a Q&A.

I liked the short self-test for each chakra, which was quite revealing, and I liked the list of things that help nourish each chakra. It's pretty easy to digest, and the layout will help people identify their own blocks, and maybe what aspects of their own lives they might want to work on.

Overall it was a really fascinating book, and I'm really keen to try the meditation, too. If I manage to keep up with it on the recommended regular basis, I'll be keeping an eye out for all the wonderful things headed my way. :)

Highly recommend this one for the spiritually inclined, and for those who are keen to a) learn about the life of someone with 'gifts' and b) learn more about how the energy centres of the body influence all aspects of our lives.

With thanks to Macmillan for my ARC

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment