The Whisper by Chelsea IversenMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Narrated by Beth Hicks
Presented by Sourcebooks Audio
Wow I actually loved this!
A classic small town mystery - four close friends; one dies, and 15 years later the other three come together to work out what really happened.
But now add a sprinkle of magic witches.
I know that's gonna rub some people the wrong way but I rather enjoyed it - it gave an interesting point of difference to an old, familiar story. This one delves more into the relationships between the girls and the mystery of what happened to Quinn, but the witchy element was a lot of fun and just added a dash of lightness that I felt made the characters more likeable.
The audio was great fun and the narrator was easy to listen to, though the three girls do sound very similar in delivery which can get confusing at times. The pace was perfect and inflection matched the story well. I'd happily listen to this narrator again.
It was exactly the kind of crime dose I needed, and I really enjoyed it. No spacing out on this one at all - I was hanging off every word! Highly recommend for crime fans looking for something a little more special.
With thanks to NetGalley for an audio ARC
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment