Wednesday 29 May 2019

Progress Report

List updated 2/12/19

For those of you following my challenge!

(Mostly for me to keep track of where I'm at though XD)

I'm enjoying the challenge of reading books I wouldn't normally read! But also starting to feel a little overwhelmed by all the books I need to read haha. I've been getting some incredible ARCs lately and I want to read them all! But I've stalled a little on Circe - I thought this one would take a day or two tops but it's kind of bland so it's been drawn out over a week so far and I'm only halfway.

I think I need to introduce a DNF rule - minimum 50% read before I'm allowed to abandon. But I do really want to give all of these a fair chance!

Highlights so far: Final Empire and Nevernight. I guess fantasy really is my jam.



AA = Australian Author
Titles not in bold are yet to be purchased

1. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak (AA)
2. The Happiest Refugee - Anh Do (AA) (12)
3. Jasper Jones - Craig Silvey (AA) (5)
4. Outlander - Diana Gabaldon
5. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte (20)
6. The Light Between Oceans - M. L. Stedman (AA) (17)
7. The Narrow Road to the Deep North - Richard Flanagan (AA)
8. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams (13)
9. Assassin's Apprentice (The Farseer Trilogy) - Robin Hobb (14)
10. The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt 
11. The Husband's Secret - Liane Moriarty (AA)
12. The Martian - Andy Weir 
13. My Brilliant Friend (The Neapolitan Series) - Elena Ferrante (11)
14. The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows (3)
15. Ready Player One - Ernest Cline (25)
16. Shantaram - Gregory David Roberts
17. All the Bright Places - Jennifer Niven (22)
18. Big Little Lies - Liane Moriarty (AA) (10)
19. Reckoning - Magda Szubanski (AA)
20. A Little Life - Hanya Yanagihara (21)
21. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck - Mark Manson (24)
22. The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova (27)
23. The Final Empire (The Mistborn Series) - Brandon Sanderson (6)
24. Wool - Hugh Howey
25. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine - Gail Honeyman (2)
26. Boy Swallows Universe - Trent Dalton (AA) (16)
27. Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicles) - Jay Kristoff (AA) (1)
28. Simon VS the Homo Sapiens Agenda - Becky Albertalli (4)
29. Fight Like a Girl - Clementine Ford (AA) (19)
30. Circe - Madeline Miller (7)
31. Mythos - Stephen Fry (23)
32. The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart - Holly Ringland (AA)
33. Becoming - Michelle Obama (15)
34. A Discovery of Witches - Deborah Harkness
35. Crazy Rich Asians - Kevin Kwan (26)
36. Scrublands - Chris Hammer (AA) (9)
37. Normal People - Sally Rooney (18)
38. Nine Perfect Strangers - Liane Moriarty (AA) (8)

No comments:

Post a Comment