Saturday 4 May 2019

Review: The Neighbour

The Neighbour The Neighbour by Fiona Cummins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OKAY.

Imagine you're standing there innocently enough and then someone starts throwing random jigsaw puzzle pieces at your head. It feels kinda weird, and you stand their rubbing your forehead in mild annoyance but mostly confusion, until you look down and realise that all of the puzzle pieces at your feet are starting to resemble a pretty impressive picture.

That's what reading this book felt like.

IT WAS AWESOME.

This was my first book by this author and I'll be certain to pick up more from her in the future! This had me captivated from page 1 and just did not let up at all. Highly addictive but also unusual in the way it all unfolded!

Events start when the Lockwood family move in to The Avenue, but there's not really a main protagonist here. There's detective Wildeve Stanton (whose strange name is disappointingly never discussed - is it only strange to me?) who is working hard to solve the case for personal reasons, but the main character here is really the general cloud of secrets surrounding everyone.

Honestly I had so much fun just letting this all wash over me. There are brilliant characters and cloudy judgements and you can't really tell where any of it is going until its already upon you.

Brilliant and unique and actually kinda fun for a crime novel! Highly recommend!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment